Summer Practice Guidelines
Compulsory Internship should be in line with the Internship Procedure of Koç University, Internship Procedure of the College of Engineering, and the Industrial Engineering Department-specific rules. The timeline and important dates of the compulsory internship are specified in the following.
Voluntary Internship can only be requested by filling out the online Summer Practice Info Form.
Important Dates for Summer’2022
|Course Registration on KUSIS:
||16.05.2022 – 05.09.2022
|Deadline for the Student’s Evaluation Form:
|Deadline for report uploading*:
|Grading of the report**:
* Summer Practice Report must be uploaded to Blackboard.
** Internship Coordinator for the semester is here.
*** You may ask your questions via CE Track-it.
Timeline for the Compulsory Internship
- Find a company that suits the Specific Rules of your Program.
- Ask the company to fill out the online Form for Incentive Fund (This form is valid for national companies only.)
- If the company requests a stamped Compulsory Summer Practice Letter, please prepare the letter with your information and sent it to your program admin via CE Track-it.
- Fill out the online Summer Practice Info Form one week before the start of the internship, which is a sharp deadline. Statement of employment document will be sent to you one day before the start of your internship via e-mail by the KU HR department.
- Register to the designated Summer Practice course (INDR 291 or 391) from the KUSIS only within the registration deadlines (as specified above).
- Start the practice.
- Don’t forget to fill Intern Evaluation Form.
- After completing the summer practice, write your Summer Practice Report as specified by your department.
INDR 291 Summer Practice Report Template (Service)
INDR 291 Summer Practice Report Template (Manufacturing)
INDR 391 Summer Practice Report Template (Service)
INDR 391 Summer Practice Report Template (Manufacturing)
Final Check Points
- Make sure that you have filled out the Intern Evaluation Form.
- Make sure that you have registered for the stated / right-coded course from KUSIS.
- Make sure that you have uploaded your final report to Blackboard.
- Make sure that the course codes in KUSIS and Blackboard are the same.
- For your questions on KUSIS and Forms please submit a Track-it request.
- For your academic questions, please contact the designated Internship Coordinator.